Many patients actively seeking a new dentist may use one or more criteria to make their selection. Unfortunately, due to economic times, many are driven only to a provider dentist that is “on the plan.” This may lead to a selection that the patient may regret.
- How long have they been in practice?
- Do they have office hours that can accommodate your schedule?
- What is the continuing education status of the doctor?
- Is the doctor or staff reachable in emergency situations?
- How is the sterilization procedure accomplished?
- Does the doctor refer out difficult procedures rather than tackling them?
- Are patients being shuttled to less qualified associates or is the main doctor providing the care?
- Does the doctor take the time to listen to your concerns and needs?
In essence, you want someone who cares about you and your family. You can not get this from a provider list or an Internet ad. Interview the doctor and the staff. You can get a feeling of whether the dentist and office is right for you.
Find our more about our general dentistry practice on our website.